Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Oh Dear God: Reality TV is reaching new heights. Showtime plans to run a reality series in which contestants vie to become a candidate for President of the United States. The winner will get $200,000 and a nationwide (Cable TV, I presume) appearance to kickstart his or her campaign. (Hat Tip: Centrist America)

Can't say I'm disappointed that I don't get Showtime. Who knows, this guy might have more of an impact on the election than Nader.

Among the many, many ridiculous aspects of this, what I find intriguing is that Showtime is letting anyone over the age of 18 enter the contest. The Constitution explicitly prohibits anyone under the age of 35 from becoming president. I guess the person will be campaigning for a constitutional amendment in addition to your vote.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Staunch Moderate
Using Caribou Theme | Bloggerized by Themescook