Friday, July 30, 2004

Frustrating: I was walking past a room that had the Democratic Convention on TV while Kerry was speaking, so I poked my head in for a moment out of curiosity. Then I heard the Democratic presidential nominee take a shot at President Bush with, "Saying there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq doesn't make it so."

When I felt my teeth grinding to the gums, I decided I had better walk out of the room. How can politicians get away with saying such nonsense? And why do the partisan sheep cheer? Republicans have already cited many instances when Kerry argued that Iraq's WMD were a threat.

So much for Kerry staying positive.

I'm happy to hear him attempting to talk tough about the war on terror. But his continuing emphasis on allies ignores the help we're already receiving and the amount of time Bush sought help from others -- and those who haven't joined aren't going to jump in just because Kerry is president.

In the past Kerry would talk about getting U.N. and NATO involved in Iraq (which, to some extent, they already are). But there's a reason people say NATO stands for "Needs Americans To Operate". The U.S. military makes up the bulk of those forces. Any additional military help from those organizations will be negligible.

And Kerry unintentionally confirmed my fears that he may be a weak leader in the fight against terrorists.

Let there be no mistake: I will never hesitate to use force when it is required. Any attack will be met with a swift and certain response.
Sen. Kerry, we already have been attacked. The swift and certain response needs to be now, not after another attack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Staunch Moderate
Using Caribou Theme | Bloggerized by Themescook