Tuesday, July 13, 2004

grr: A ton of work has kept me from writing my usual numerous, thoughtful, eloquent, informative blog posts (stop laughing). So, instead I'll contribute some mindless venting.

Why are newspapers jumping their online articles from one page to another? I'll be deeply engrossed in an article when I think I reach the end, but instead I find a link that tells me to click to "Page 2".

It started out with the Internet versions of The Washington Post and The New York Times. Now even The Onion is doing it. It's online. The paper has unlimited space to let the article scroll forever. There's no need to make the reader do any work or require them to suffer through continuous downloads of ads.

I try to boycott the process by refusing to click to another page, and writing a letter to the paper telling them that. If it's a must-read article, I click the "Printer Friendly" version.

And while I'm venting about pointless garbage, have you seen the article about the 23-year-old teacher who repeatedly had sex with one of her 14-year-old students? FoxNews has pictures of her from when she was an underwear model.

None of my teachers in junior high looked anything like her. Which, I guess, was a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Staunch Moderate
Using Caribou Theme | Bloggerized by Themescook