Friday, April 23, 2004

Light Blogging: I've been sick, probably from all the traveling I've been doing lately. And I've been trying to catch up at work.

But I have another reason for sparse blogging. There's nothing important going on. People are debating whether Kerry actually "owns" an SUV, how many coffins the press should be allowed to photograph, and whether Kerry should have earned two Purple Hearts or three.

I call this broccoli news (in honor of when Bush Sr. caused a furor when he said that he doesn't like broccoli). When nothing important is going on, the news media focuses on the mundane.

Of course, plenty of important stuff is occurring, what with a war and a presidential election under way. But we're on cruise control for the time being. And in the 24/7 news environment, the press can't help but overplay anything they can get their hands on.

As for me, I'm going to finish up my work and go back to my bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Staunch Moderate
Using Caribou Theme | Bloggerized by Themescook